HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What does this guy score?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 05:56 PM
HatchieLuvr
Typical Buck

WOW that's a beautiful buck! That sticker is "neat character" as well. By his body I'm guessin he's only 3, but B&W photos and this time of year make that harder to tell. (I've got family in Chickasha and Dibble so I'm quite familiar with your area, aint exactly the cornbelt that guys growing in. But he's obviously getting whatever he needs to grow bone!)

They always look HUGE in velvet and obviously that guy has great tine length and possibly good mass to boot. I usually "shoot low" and I'm thinkin somewhere in the 150 range?

I'd sure like to see him sans velvet to be sure, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't grab the binocs first, he'd be "split second judged" through the crosshairs.
HL

ps
Now that I study the pics and "put it on paper", the obvious great unknown is beam length and mass. Being "conservatively generous" I came up with 164. (25" beams and mid-30"s worth of mass each side) This buck obviously has a great foundation to surprise you in his mass measurements and he carries that mass out well. I'm gonna "gut feel" him at appx 158" (gross including the sticker I'm puttin at 3"). Either way he's a GREAT buck and that's the kind of buck that is hard to let walk on a true trophy hunt like in TX, KS, CAN etc... but on my place in west TN or anyother "huntin with buds on private land" I'd drop him on sight!!!

Last edited by HatchieLuvr; 08-22-2011 at 06:15 PM.