HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WOW! What a boat ride!!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Those long 12 hr night shifts has been rough to say the least. We had a quite a few runability issues. Then my relief called in one day shift which made me work an eighteen hr shift in the middle of it all. I am glad this past 5 and 1/2 shifts are done so I can start my day shift in the morning. I am also glad this coming week wil put me back to my normal shifts as well. So it looks like I will be back out fishing again on Thursday at the latest.

Yeah, I am not used of fishing around sharks period although we do have those smaller sand sharks and dog fish forever it seams like. Great whites are a whole different ball game if you ask me.. Just like in the JAWS movie.. They are nothing I will be wanting to mess with.. I did find the story in the paper an interesting read though..

The seal population also arises from less harvesting being done in the early winter months because of all the enviro crap going on. They put toughter restrictions on them in Canada. So not so many seal pups are being taken also adds to our seal problem.