HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best and lightest crossbow
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 07:04 AM
lemoyne
Giant Nontypical

Well we all have our thoughts influenced by what we own and have shot. I used to have an archery and muzzle loading shop many years a go and am friends with two of the people that own local ones so I get to play occasionally. I own a Ten point had it for a long time and while it is high quality and accurate beyond belief they should have put wheels on it to make it portable, I hope the new ones are just as good and much lighter but the last time I shot one it was still to heavy; I also have a very nice Excalibur Exocet it also has taken a lot of deer it is not to heavy and also very accurate but tends to limit the angles you can shoot out of a stand and you have to hang it farther away because of the width, the maintenance on it is very easy.
I just bought a Parker Tornado and while it is excellent in most ways it has not produce the accuracy the other two have but I am still tuning on it. It requires those half moon or eared nocks and I have never gotten them to shoot as good as the 10 point which is what works best on the others. But I have a ways to go on it, I am fetching some arrows with as much helical as the slot will allow this helped both with wind planing and accuracy with the others and I have hopes it will take my 2 inch group at 30 yds down to 1 inch
The trigger is to stiff and I expect it to wear in some, but it is just the right weight to light is hard to hold steady and to heavy is a real drag for me about 7 pound is the best of all worlds. I am 74 now so the weight bothers me more than it used to so does tree climbing but I think I can stay with it for a few more years.
Good luck and good hunting.