HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to Hunting/Cooking Wild Birds
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 02:57 AM
skiftcky
Fork Horn

I agree with JW.... I may only feather out a turkey once every other year for thanks giving and that depends on the size of the bird.

one thing I do with my water fowl that turns out so good Im actually in near drool just writting about it.

Take and cut your duck/goose breast into 2 inch by 3 inch peices and marinade them in worchestershire sauce along with salt, pepper, onions, and any other spice you may like. just do it to your taste. After no less than 4 hours in the marinade take and put a peice of pickled jalapeno on each slice then wrap with bacon. bake on 350 for about 20 mins then pull them out. Add some cream cheese over the top of each slice then cook for about another 15 minutes. Time depends on how many you have in the oven.

this is just one of many ways to cook duck and I hope you get a chance to enjoy as much of it as possible. My wife loves those Jalapeno Duck Poppers so much that she actually pushes me out the door some days to go duck hunting and I DO NOT Complain...LoL

JW is also right about over cooked duck... people who say that duck taste like liver are usually the ones who had over cooked duck.

Last edited by skiftcky; 08-20-2011 at 03:02 AM.