HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 03:25 PM
QuanticoKidd
Fork Horn

Hey Grizzle,

Thanks for the advice I killed a doe out of 6C in 2006 and there is a marine guy that kills monsters out of there it seems like every year he has taken 140's and 160 out of 6C. there are a few guys that kill big bucks ALMOST every year and with the bucks being smart on quantico and sometimes personal life coming in the way I 'm just wondering how they do it with no being able to hunt all day everyday I get to hunt late oct-dec Im pretty smart I killed 3 125"+ out of the gun areas on quantico 9B 10A and 7A you said you were planning to hunt a area that has not been open for like 4 years I try to pickup on areas that havent been open for awhile and are you talking about ETA or 2,3,4 or 7A or 8A not trying to invaid your area at all I just like to no info about the areas that havent been pressured I noramlly hunt 14A,7A,10A,14B,16C,PA2 those are my go to spots for seeing big bucks normally suring the rut I would love to find and big buck and hunt him 1 on 1 but its hard becuase either he never does the same thing or he only shows up a night or he is MIA come hunting season it seems on quantico that is you don't get your big buck by the first or second week in NOV it might be next year LOL but there was a older gentlemen last year that hunts mainside strickly and he shot a 160" 10 pointer in Dec with crossbow and he kills big bucks every year he is retired but still its tuff to kill big bucks every year on a heavily pressured area such as quantico I have big buck sightings about every 2 or 3 years I want to get to see big bucks like 3 or 4+ every year and if not atleast every other year I'm defiantly not trying to be concedied I just love the rush when a big bucks is around my tree stand I no this is long but any other advice would be great I totally understand about living in flordia great weather