HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good Bear Outfitter in NE?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 05:05 AM
ShawnT
Spike

No problem. I have seen a couple guys that left early after only hunting a couple days, there was a guy that used to drive up and only stay 2 or 3 days since he owned a buisiness and just needed a quick get away. I also understand you plight, I am single so I don't have those worries, but I used to work out time to spend with my Nephew and he was in Ohio with me in NY. You would also have about a day and a half drive unless you really push it depending on where you are starting from in PA. Bear Creek is all the way up in NE Maine only 27 miles from New Brunswick. The Lodge is a little out of Island Falls next to I95. My first trip up there were 3 guys from Erie, but they flew into Bangor (I think) and John went to the airport to pick them up. It is probably 2 1/2 to Bangor (just guessing). For me it is about 10 hour drive from Long Island.

The Bait season is 4 weeks starting the Monday before Labor day. IF I remember correctly Pa schools start Before Labor day just like Ohio. You might get a reservation the week of Labor day so you have the holiday from school to give you an extra day. Good luck to you and your son where ever you chose to hunt.