HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why do people hunt bears?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Adrian J Hare
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
How did I know the thread would go like this. Very predictable. Even though I stated more than once. I don't give a rats arse how you hunt. How many times do I have to say that?

A lot of assumptions going on here.

One of them is i've never hunted bears, and I don't know anything about baiting.

Another is i've always lived in the west, and never hunted/lived in other states.

Another for the record. Spot and stalk is NOT still hunting. So, i'll assume those who said that don't know what either is.

One thing is a fact. You can't bait in Colorado, so at least they agree with me.

One more fact. It's easy to get lost in the Rockies. People die here all the time who have gotten lost and never survived.

Nobody has a 50% kill record here that I know of, because you can't bait here.

Preparing for a bait hunt is not 1/10th as hard as training all year for an elk hunt at 11,000ft. I hike and work out 350 days a year.

Still hunting for bear means i'm down on the ground looking for them without a clue where there are. Close encounters are common, because the point is to let the bear know you're there. Ever try to fool a bear like that. It's not the same as hiding in a tree while they come to bait. Which do you think is more dangerous? Which do you think is more of a challenge?

I wanted to just give my method of hunting in this thread, and let it go at that. You all couldn't accept that. So, now you have my real feelings. Tree stand-baiting is easy, and offers me no challenge.

Get on the ground with a muzzleloader that has one shot, and hunt bear. That's a hunt. Not just a kill.

How do you like me now?
All I have to say is that you seem that you are looking for a debate, my post was not a attck on you at all , I answered a question as I have hunted in your part of the world have you hunted in mine ?

The woods are very large here, but being your super man you could do it !

How do you like me now?

you don't want me to answer that question....