HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bow suggestions
Thread: bow suggestions
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 07:56 AM
IL-Cornfed
Nontypical Buck

Obviously there are hundreds of different bows on the market today and the popularity of any bow model or brand seems to be a regional thing and what your area Dealers and Shops are pushing.

That being said, there are a few stand out bows for quality and affordability this season. Now, I mentioned affordability because if money isn't a concern the top of the line models from mmost lines will run around $1,000. Top offerings from Hoyt, BowTech, Mathews, PSE.... all will be a little cashy. Best advice would be to formulate a budget and what you canspend and head to some Shops and shoot as many as you can..... I promise a few will stand out in your hands and the perfect fit for YOU. However, if that kind of money is a bit hard to swallow to get back into the Sport than the mentioned BowTech Assassian is a HUGE seller. It's priced about HALF of the bows mentioned above and it's a quality rig with an excellent draw, rock solid back wall, lightweight and well balanced and respectably fast arrow speed. It would be a good place to start.

Remember though, keep an open mind and don't let someone talk you into a bow because it's what they have or its the only brand they sell. I can't stress enough how important it is to find one that feels right to YOU.

Good luck and good shootin' and welcome back to the sport!