Old 08-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

I hate to rain on any parade, but after reading this thread I think the worrying about calls and everything else but your conditoning should take a back seat. I'll be 64 in two weeks and my buddy killed a bull that scored 357 3/8" last year in Wyoming at 6,500" elevation and only 1 1/4 miles from the truck. He shot it opening morning at first light and it took us 3 trips that day and a 4th trip the next morning to backpack everything out to the truck. If you have never been in the mountains and are going as high up as you stated without doing anything to get ready with only one month left until the trip IMHO you are asking for big trouble health-wise and that's all I'm going to say. Even if you start right now I don't see how you can ever get ready for a bivy hunt 4.5 miles in from a main camp. I suggest you listen to the other post and not even think about that bivy camp. Also, you are going to have to take it awful slow and easy for the entire hunt or it could be a disaster waiting to happen. The mountains are not something to take as nonchalantly as you appear to be---Just MHO!