HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Baiting?
Thread: Baiting?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 05:33 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

Another thing that would draw the Deer in more would be to put out a mineral and salt lick,they would benifit from it and could come in at any time to use it.I have been using the "Lucky Buck" mineral and have also put out a salt block and a Arm & Hammer salt lick also...we are allowed to put out any minerals and salt as long as no corn or any type of grain is added in because any Baiting is not allowed in Missouri....so we plant food plots.To me whatever is allowed in Your certain State is what the Laws of Your States decide is fine to do or allow and should be followed,I'm not in total agreement with some Laws but follow the rules and do what I can to stay within the boundaries.Sure we put out food plots to draw in for an easy Hunt or for a Younger Youth Hunter to use to their benefit...still if a Person wants to hunt and harvest a nice Big Mature Buck Your going to have to hunt smarter,read different Deer signs,stay as scent-free as possible and go into the deep woods or thicker cover where the Deer will be traveling more or hiding in.

I know of a few items that can be used to last longer for a Bait Pile....the Buck Jam is a thicker substances as mentioned that can be added to different type grains,tree stumps and is absorbed in the ground and last a long time,the Acorn Rage is another grain type bait that is soybean and acorn base type and there's another bait that contains mostly beets in it among several other feeds and grains made to attract Deer.Funny thing is all these products are made available to Us here in Missouri yet its against the Law to "Bait" Deer..we can put it out for trail camera use etc but all grains have to be totally removed 10 days before any Hunting Season.

Last edited by GTOHunter; 08-03-2011 at 05:40 PM.