HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Moultrie Trail Cameras
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 06:43 AM
littlearrow
Nontypical Buck

I have three of the Moultrie Game Spy D55-IR trail cameras. I have these set for video. In this setting the camera takes a picture first, then the video. Video is set for 30 second. The night video is 10 second. Emailing Moultrie to see if there was either a software up date or a plan to extend the night video time: "no as this requires more battery power". The field of view in the video is narrower than in the picture. Again emailing Moultrie: "this is the way it downloads". Going to Moultrie Feeders (Moultrie website) there is an update to shorten the "delay". Moultrie has been very helpful in their email responses. When set to video, the color has a faded or washed out appearance as compared to the picture. All batteries were either new or fully recharged and tested with a digital meter at the time, so this was not a battery fault. Over all I like these cameras, but now from the reports of the M80, if that camera had been available at the time I purchased the D55-IR, I would have be inclined to purchase the M80 due to newer technology and better picture, video, smaller size and ability to use "AA" batteries instead of "C". Moultrie offers a one year warrantee from the manufacture. To obtain warrantee, you require a copy of your purchase receipt and a return authorization number from Moultrie. You would have to pay shipping to them. I found the cameras easy on batteries, but I am not getting several hundred pictures or videos per week like some forum members. In my area other than bear season, baits are not permitted. I therefore set up along trails. Good luck in your choice.