HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Serious help PLEAE!
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 03:58 PM
arkbwhtr1
Fork Horn

Default Serious help PLEAE!

Hi,
First of all, this IS NOT arkbwhtr1, it's his wife and I need your help. My husband joined your website when we moved to Arkansas back a few years ago. He really enjoyed all the new friends and help he received and I've not seen him happier in a long time. Then tradgedy struck. He was diagnossed with Cancer in Oct 2009 and nothing has been the same since!! He went from 217 lbs down to 135!! Lost all his strength (not to mention his hair). But NEVER his love for the outdoors. Arkansas was his dream! To hunt and fish on his own property and you couldd see the glow begin to fade as his inability to hunt got larger. Now we have the place in Arkansas and also a house in Florida where we are right now. His health is a bit better here but he still misses his deer and turkeys in Arkansas.
This latest round of Chemo and radiation has brought on other problems. Seems the tumor (which is behind his eyes) had grown into his right optic nerve and now he is blind in his right eye. As luck would have it, this was his shooting eye so now he wants to learn everything over again Lefthanded, shooting, bowhunting, everything.. I can't do anything but support him in this but I need help. ARe there organizations/clubs,etc that teach disabled people how to start over??? I would love to do this for him and I know it would really boost his overall morale and well being. All he has ever wished to do was to kill a turkey sometime in his lifetime.Somehow, someway I want to make this happen for him, either here in Florida or in Arkansas.
So, if anyone knows any info or can point me in the right direction for answers I would forever be grateful. Guess you can answer here since he can't log in or do .much on the computer lately.
Thanks in advance