HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are they realy doing our sport justice???
Old 07-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Deepsouthdeerjunky
Fork Horn

I am not a big fan of hunting over corn and other products such as that either... not because it is unethical or anything, but because it rele just becomes a contest of who can throw out the most... the man with the fattest wallet in an area will typically have the most deer on his place. This does put the average hunter at a disadvantage. I do, however, agree with the use of land management practices and other things like that to not only improve your odds of tagging out, but also helping to better the deer herd. As stated earlier, a lot of the shows on tv (lee and tiffany; Drury outdoors; etc) are not only about the harvest but have a lot to do with the actual management of their properties. I do not put planting food plots and baiting with corn in the same catagory because it takes MUCH more work to get a crop to come up than to put a feeder out and fill it up once a week. I can agree that some shows may not be up to par but others are