HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any tips for a girl starting bow hunting?
Old 07-20-2011, 05:52 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

If Your Young and still growing I would reccomend one of the Mission Bows made by Matthews.I was considering getting my Youngest Daughter the Mission "Menace" (retail price of around $279.00 bare bow) which can be adjusted in poundage and draw length as Your grow and get older and stronger when shooting your bow,maximum poundage was only up to around 50lbs tho...then they came out with the newer Mission "Craze" retail price of around (350.00-$379.00 I believe?).It can be adjusted in the draw length also and I'm thinking even longer and it can go up to around 70lb which is even better and the over-all length of the Bow is even shorter so it will be easier to use in a ground blind.I am seriously thinking about getting this Bow so my Girl can shoot it and grow into it and beyond...and I can even use it if She decides not to stay with shooting a Bow or I can have it adjusted to fit me during Bow Season and re-fit it back to her draw-legth and poundage when I'm done with Archery Season from Sept 15 to Jan 15?I'll check to see the exact prices on these 2 Bows...I can say that those are some pretty good prices and they may vary depending on the Shop that carries them?

In some States Your are required to have a Bow set at least to a certain poundage to be able to Hunt and Harvest a Deer so be sure to check into that for whatever State You happen to live in?

Last edited by GTOHunter; 07-20-2011 at 05:56 PM.