HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ethics
Thread: Ethics
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Kybuckhunter
Nontypical Buck

Well this always ends the same way but lets hit it again.

Ethics is a funny thing. It depends where you were raised that determines your ethics. Some see hunting with dogs a wrong yet the guys that grew up doing it see no issue with it. The same with bait. Some guys have seen it done all their life and see no issue with it. If you think its cheating then don't do it.

I have used a little corn before and I never see monster bucks running to my stand at every set. As a matter of fact, none of my largest bucks came over bait. I hunt a small area and I can't put in any food plots so some corn may help them come my way when the neighbor has a large crop next door. I would much rather have a food plot because corn cost a lot now and it's hard work packing it in where I hunt. I can pack in a 100 pounds of corn and it would be gone in a few days. So most times I just use it when it's getting late and I want to put a doe in the freezer.

So as long as it's legal, do it if you want. It doesn't bother me.

I can say the same thing about trail cams. These things have become a must now to many hunters. I see them as the biggest advantage over deer in the history of hunting. I can see what deer are coming in and what time. I can hunt a stand when I know deer are using it know when to leave it alone. This is a huge advantage if Im hunting a big buck. So is it ethical to spy on a big buck all the time and pin down his patterns?? Like I said earlier...if it's legal do it if you like. If you don't want to take advantage of them don't.