HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - the bucks are out!!
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Cam Fan
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by whitetail_fanatic
Some great bucks for sure. Can I get a little help/info with the two salts you mentioned, how does putting out like that differ from just a block, what is Trace mineral salt? A 50 pound bag of corn is 10 bucks so I wouldn't mind another 3 and try something defferent. Thanks
Well the way I look at it is I can put 100lbs of salt out in about 4 spots (25lbs each spot). It goes in the ground faster and they paw the ground for the minerals.
I saw several formulas for self made mineral baits. They all had trace mineral salt and salt. I had never heard of trace minerals but when I asked at the feed store I think it was 7.00 for 50lbs. Most of the time when you buy a block and it has a buck on it the cost will be higher. I also have seen doe's lick a block but never a buck. I have 3 at the spot at the same time. I too wanted to try something different. I do not like seeing corn on the ground or feeders or the like in a picture so not having a block suits me better too. I just like to try something different. I hope this was of some help and good luck to you.