HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - African Safaris?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Firehuntfish
Spike

Dear ForkHorn,

Yes it is true that I am new to this particular forum, and I only have a post or two....Mostly I read and enjoy the commentary. I don't make posts unless I feel I have something positve to contribute....Anyway, your appology is appreciated, but certainly not necessary. I understand how you might see it that way...

South Africa sometimes gets a bad rap with high fences, etc.... Ironically it is the comments mostly from hunters who have never been there. They comment on what they assume its like.... Here's my thing... I am not a trophy hunter by any means. I could care less what an animal scores as long a I took it legally, and had fun doing it. I love to shoot arrows at lots of different creatures...That's just what does it for me. Africa is paradise for a hunter with that mindset. Now, if you go over there and strickly hunt the most mature, highest scoring animals, you will be challenged regardless of how you hunt, bow, rifle or otherwise...

I honestly would consider retiring to South Africa if their politics weren't such a mess...Yes, worse than ours by far.. Still an incredible place to visit and hunt though..I truly hope you decide to go. You would love it.

Last edited by Firehuntfish; 07-10-2011 at 09:56 AM.