HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NYS Deer Manangement Proposal
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 04:22 PM
BuckAlley
Nontypical Buck

From the proposal: Reducing the buck tag limit and shortening the firearms seasons are the options more frequently suggested by New York Hunters.
You can put your $ on it, its what the DEC will try to do! Think about it what attracts hunters, and increases license sales? Big Bucks, and lots of deer. The days of big deer herds is long gone. So that leaves Big Bucks!

Andrews, I understand what your saying and agree with you in part as I was raised the sameway. I went out every chance I could with my father as a kid. However times have changed, kids are more involved in after school activities, and the electronics era. Plus anti-hunting organizations, and health kicks like vegetarians. Hunting is no longer a top priority to kids, and families. The average age of NY hunters keeps increasing. Its a sad thing, but the DEC, and hunting organizations never saw it coming. I'm not sure a youth deer hunt is the answer. I know the youth turkey hunt has been a big success. Lowering the age limits should help as well. But the important thing is we get our kids involved for the future of hunting!