HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pen Raised Deer
Thread: Pen Raised Deer
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 09:47 AM
SJAdventures
Nontypical Buck

If you feel it is unethical to shoot a high fenced critter even though it is legal but you do it anyways then it is unethical. If you hunt high fence and it is legal and you are fine with it then there is nothing wrong with it. If it is legal it is only unethical if it is being done by someone who thinks it is unethical. I think land owners should be able to do what ever they want with their land but I would love to see fenced hunting regulated more in regards to minimum sizes. I have turned many outfitter/owners of high fenced ranches down for selling their hunts due to my own set minimum acreage limits. I have toured a few of the ranches but have never personally hunted high fence so I was and still am not 100% sure in my own mind what is a good minimum acreage for a high fenced hunt and I realize it can differ some depending on terrain and cover but 1,000 acres minimum was my own personal decision for selling high fenced hunts. And no one should get the misconception that all high fenced hunts are walk in the park type hunts. We have one high fenced ranch that is the minimum acreage which is home to a field judged world record blackbuck antelope and I had one hunter do a hunt for him for 4 long hard days and never got a glimpse of him due to the difficult terrain and the immense cover.

Last edited by SJAdventures; 06-27-2011 at 09:51 AM.