HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Keeping history going
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 12:52 PM
louie6014
Fork Horn

I wish I were good enough to stalk into the woods with my home made long bow and arrows, and actually/ sucessfully harvest deer but Im not. I know a big ol boy who does this and limits every year on deer for their meat. I started with a 500 dollar bear strike package a year ago, and since upgraded to a more expensive bow (limb on my bear cracked), I shoot twice a month, and hunted probably 40 times last year. A cheap bow is a great starter, however Ive seen people w/o archery knowledge buy a used bow for 100, then spend 100 on a new string, 100 on arrows/ set draw/ different rest.. and in the long run the bow still isnt correct for them. Ide pay the 300-400 outright for a package bow from a bow shop and be done with it for a few years. But some people also do this and it sits under the bed wasting away. And IMO its all worthless unless your practicing with it. Fred Bear got good from never leaving the woods, or setting that bow down. I hear they are re-doing all his old film reels/ and making a musem? or somthing along those lines...