HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pen Raised Deer
Thread: Pen Raised Deer
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 PM
deerdust
Super Moderator

"Hunting" Definition - the act of a person or animal that hunts.

I searched many dictionaries before posting this. Anything more than this definition is merely your personal conditioning, and opinion.

Throughout the world there are many different means of harvesting game. There are many reasons that people have chosen to hunt the way they do for the harvesting of their game. Does this make one wrong over another? No. If the hunter in Africa is legally sitting in a special seat outside the jeep as they speed along, trying to get a shot at game, does this make it wrong? No. If a person can legally put out feed, plots, or licks, and hunt over them, does this make it wrong? No. If I physically carry a handicapped person to a blind and place them in a chair, does this make it wrong for them to hunt? No. But if you think about it, they are a canned hunter. They do it because it is legal and it fits their situation. many people think that crossbow hunting shouldn't be allowed. In many states it is only legal for handicapped, and it gives them more time out in the woods doing what they love. I could go on for pages and pages, I am sure, Covering all the different means of hunting that one person over the next may like or dislike. To what avail? If it is legal, then it is an allowed means of hunting.

There are many things that may seem unethical to many of us that love to hunt. But the truth is, that if it is a legal means to hunt in that area, then it is considered hunting. Because your personal conditioning and opinion leads you to think that a particular way of hunting is unethical, does not make it any less of a way of hunting.