HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good Encore bullet?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 10:59 AM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

Your problem is not unique to you. I have seen a few Encore's that do the exact same thing. Along with a couple of Omega's as well.

I had a tack driving Omega that you absolutely could not load a second load into. Period, it would not take a second load.

Unfortunatley you are going to have to try alot of different projectiles to find one that hopefully will load the second and third shot without a complete cleaning.

Unfortunately we had a couple that no matter what we tried, the rifle would not allow a second and third shot. And as a hunting rifle I find this unacceptable. Even though an MZ is truly a one shot firearm.

We did find a few different sabots and such that would load the second and third shot-but then the accuracy fell off with that projectile.

Personally the best we did was cast a pure lead larger conical that was slightly undersize. The lead obturated well and also shot well. So if youcast your own bullets there is a solution. Or you can get ahold of a cutom caster and have them size the bullet for you that they pour. But be prepared to pay that price.

Personaly I really like my Encore. And I have three actions, and a bunch of barrels. But no more MZ's barrels. I have had three diffrent MZ's barrels. And had problems with all three. Now I realize this is highly unusual, but the truth is the truth. And the problem you are having is a well known problem for TC's. Tom.