HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - adjusting draw weight on hoyt bow
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 05:50 AM
Katera
Spike

Originally Posted by Mattiac

To be perfectly honest, you can change the draw weight without loosening the weight lock screws, it will be harder to do, but Ive been a dunder head and forgotten to undo them once or twice and they honestly dont do all that much. I think if Hoyt "ridged" them, it would serve a much better purpose.
---Matt
I asked my dealer at the proshop to adjust the poundage of my Hoyt Katera to about 64#. I saw that he didn't loosen the weight lock screws when he adjusted the weight.
When I mentioned that the user manual recommends to loosen the pocket locking screws before the weight adjustment, he said that it is no problem to ignore that if you make minor changes.

I thought he only said that because he didn't want to admit that he didn't know it or just forgot about it. I was worrying that it was very bad for the limbs.
But when I read your post I calmed down a bit. (I remember that he needed a lot of power to rotate the screws - I think you mentioned that it's harder to make adjustments when you forget to loosen the screws)

I didn't touch the screws on the bow since that but I wonder if it makes sense to loosen the pocket locking screws now and then immediately tighten them. Or should I only do that before the next weight adjustment (probably in winter)?

Last edited by Katera; 06-04-2011 at 05:54 AM.