HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mathews BLACK MAX 2
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 11:05 AM
walks with a gimp

Default RE: Mathews BLACK MAX 2

I' ve not shot a BMII but I closely inspected and drew one at a local dealer. It was a 70/30 inch which is very close to my actual draw. The draw cycle was compairable to the BowTech Dually Patriot that I own which is a 70/29. The BMII had a sharp build up at the end of the draw cycle, IMO and a sharp drop off to a vrey short valley. I talked to the shop helper who seemed to be very knowledgable, who didn' t have much of a recomendation for the bow. We talked for close to 25 minutes about different things on the bow. In all, the BMII is well made but Mathews IMO, should have camo' d the riser and the roller guard/ string suppressors to make it a more attractive hunting bow which would help it' s sales point.
Keep in mind that if you want speed, you' re going to have to work for it, the bow will only store the energy you put in and if you can' t put in the energy, be happy with what speeds you can get with something you can handle. Shoot all the speed bows you can if you need speed and find the one that delivers more than just speed.