HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 02:18 PM
RIStrutStopper
Nontypical Buck

Went out this morning. Very foggy and humid. Thank goodness for the Thermacell! I was set-up along the edge of a field below some overhanging branches. No gobbling off the roost today and I thought that would be a good place to set-up. After over an hour of sporadic calling, I was half asleep, just making a series of calls every few minutes. All of a sudden GOBBBBLEEEEE! This bird was maybe within 20 yards from me, calling from the edge of the field to my left and slightly behind. I scratched the leaves a little bit and gave a few soft clucks and he gobbled again. LOUD! Then, for no apparent reason he started putting and I could hear him getting further and further away. I don't know if my dekes spooked him because he didn't see them move or if he saw me blink? I was motionless. Anyway, that was the only action of the morning. Tomorrow is the last day of the season, and now its personal. I did not see this bird, but I just know he's a good one. I'll be back at it tomorrow for one last shot.