HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finally, got my first Gobbler!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Arkitekt4040
Spike

Originally Posted by richwrench
Good on ya Arki! Shot my first one 2 years ago & almost had a heart attack. Turkey hunting brings a whole new level of excitement to hunting, doesn't it? Thanks for the great post.
Thanks! And yes it brings a whole new level of excitement to hunting. I have only been hunting since fall of 2008. I have taken 5 deer in the last 3 years. I have taken mostly does, I hunt for meat. The one exception was a old 7 point that was taken as a management move on our hunting lease. And I hate to say it, but deer hunting seems like childs play after this. I still love deer hunting, but I am completely hooked on turkeys!

Originally Posted by doetrain
Great job ARKI! OJT is the best school and you get an A on your Turkey hunt. Congratulations and thanks for the good heartfelt story on how you had success being a new hunter, I appreciate your passion and excitement over your hunt.
Thank you as well! OJT training definitely helped me figure this bird out.

I owe a thank you to all of the members of this forum. You have all taught me A TON about turkey hunting (and bow hunting whitetails as well). I feel like y'all played a part in me taking this bird, so thank you! Oh, and look forward to a post in the future on a home made wingbone call. I am following JW's instructions and hope to have it finished this weekend.