HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wyoming Moose Draw
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:32 PM
beech18
Fork Horn

Each of those units in that area of Wyoming have alittle differnt opening day for moose. Some in Sept and some Oct 1. I know for example acouple years ago unit 23 rifle season was open during Sept. when I was there deer hunting in region G. Everyone I talked to when I was there said how the moose hunting went down hill in unit 23 recently so I too changed units to apply for. However, I did have a nice bull walk within 50 steps of my deer camp late one evening.

Im not no expect on moose hunting, worked as a sub guide for an outfitter afew times on his moose hunts to have a idea what to do. My father and I plan on base camp hunting with taking our spike camp with us if we find the need to spike out. I spoke to the bilogist before apply with general info and plan on calling him back soon as BLM maps arrive that I ordered. You got a good idea about hiring a packer. I plan on packing mine out ourselves but if it happens to be way back if we're spiking out Im not ruling out hiring a horse and packer.

Looking forward to the trip, hope yours goes well.