HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sannadex Powder
Thread: Sannadex Powder
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 07:46 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You do know that the charcoal in BP is what makes the dirty fouling, because it's made from wood. (same for Pyrodex).

So, with T7 being much cleaner burning. What is the charcoal in T7 made from? It's not made from salt. If not sugar which we know works. What then?
OK... now I understand - and agree carbon in the barrel is from the buring of charcoal in the powder. And the charcols they list is not surgar. And I also agree with one of your statements way back up the page... some charcoals a one heck of a lot better than others. I think Swiss BP is a excellent example of using the better types of charcoal. Orignally charcols was used to provide carbon and other fuel for the reaction.

In the case of T7 carbon is not need for the reaction but with the addition of charcoal you have a product that when burned creates smoke or at least some smoke. That is the sole purpose of the charcoal in T7. So it's quality is not as important as it is in real BP.

So again you may be right, but really i acually suspect the same charcoal used in Pyrodex is used in T7 but only a lot less of it, as it is not necesary for combustion. I can not imagine that Hodgdon would not use the same products that they already have under contract, just with T7 they do not need as much of it. Well actually as White Hots show - they do not need any except they were trying to meet our expectations of what a BP sub should like - so add charcoal for smoke and graphite for black powder.