HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food plot stand placement
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 04:45 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

I would set up 2 stands in different area's by the food plot aiming in different directions in case of which way the wind would be blowing across the food plot....another thing to decide where to put the stands up is what directions will the Deer be traveling in towards the food plot and which directions is the best cover?Where I have my ladder stands in a lower bottom feild is on the back end of the food plot on the East end a few feet into the woods and the other stand on the north side of the food plot up against the thick woods where there is a small creek bed running behind it and a decent used trail on the hillside.This is where the Deer travel the most and slip in to the food plot and I know when they hit the food plot they will be at ease and stay there for a good while or if another Deer is passing thru or looking for Doe's they may also hit the food plot for a quick bite and I'll have another shot opportunitiy!You can always move Your stand if You find the Deer coming in from a different area/direction...I have also been considering putting a stand up further in the woods about 50-100 yards where the Deer will be traveling thru to get to the food plot...sometime the Deer will stage up a few yards in the woods before they walk out into an open feild or food plot.On the south side of the food plot is a fence row and the Neighbors open Cow Pasture and its pretty well useless to set up on that side and I almost never see Deer travel from that direction.

Last edited by GTOHunter; 05-04-2011 at 04:52 PM.