HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I love walmart
Thread: I love walmart
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
X2! Society today, in the era of rampant welfare and unemployment, is generally given to entitlement. People think they should have things given to them. This doesn't end with those folks, however. Too many with jobs think it is ridiculous that they have lower wages. Most of these, as zrex pointed out, are working jobs that do not require skill. Sure, the guy next door may take my money to bandage up a gaping wound, but I'd rather spend more money and go to someone that has acquired the necessary skills to perform such acts. Most folks, at least around me, simply cannot get it through their heads that jobs that require little to no skill will never bring in big $. That ain't gonna change anytime soon, either.

..... I agree totally. What you have to thank for that kind of thinking is the Union mentality. It's no wonder that the automotive industry in this country went belly-up or close to it. I t just makes absolutely zero sense that you pay a low-level skill job worker $75K/yr. to sell a car to the guy out on the street who's making less than $50K. Same thing just happened in the housing market... remember? Unions were good to get the miner out of the mud and the wet and gas. They have FAR succeeded their worthfulness. A blight on our economy.