HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk hunting with an expandable broadhead?
Old 05-03-2011, 05:04 AM
iamyourhuckleberry
Nontypical Buck

To each their own, I guess (it a confidence thing). It's tough for me to comment on fix blade performance-I've never killed an animal using one. I've tried time in and time out to get them to fly with my desired percision (to my abilities) from my bows. They're hardly a comparision head to head with mechanicals. In terms of accuracy, a fix blade won't open either if you can hit em.

Here's my pudding...not a single animal taken with a fix blade.

http://www.gohuntingandfishing.com/u...eberry/gallery

I do agree with Howler though. Mechanicals are not for everyone, and then again, neither is bowhunting.

One last thing I want to toss into the mix. We all forget that animals spend their entire lives trying to survive. What makes people think they'll just stop once a hole has been placed thru em? Regardless of the broadhead, life's little battles aren't perfectly scripted. I double lunged a bull a few years ago. I used a second follow up arrow and hit the bull through the neck severing his jugular vein. I found him dead 3/4 of a mile away, according to my gps and as the crow flys. This was a testiment to this animal's strength and tenacity.

We can bicker all we want via the internet, but the bottom lines is, "do due diligence"! Research products, test them, and enter the woods with confidence in your gear. Enjoy the precious time God has given you. Connect the dots and make changes if necessary.

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 05-03-2011 at 05:08 AM.