HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I love walmart
Thread: I love walmart
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Mite
Typical Buck

World economics has become much more complicated with this international market.

When congress decided to de-regulate the banking industry, banks started making ARMs (Adjustable Rate Morgages) look attractive only to have interest rates skyrocket later causing many to foreclose. Business paused in hiring, many started layoffs speculating a downturn in the economy. When our economy fell, every market in the world also fell.

A very simplistic view but to try to explain something like market forces in few words is like trying to catch a marlin (the fish) with a toothpick.

How do you look at Walmart? Imagine a family with young children are going to need money for future college. The parents put a major portion of their savings into a college fund. To get the most return for their money, who do they pick? A company who's market and manufacturing (or suppliers) solely depends upon the U.S. (U.S. wages, unions, regulations, etc.) or one that markets worldwide?

The same parents buys U.S. whenever they can. I wonder how many people have invested in companies which manufacture goods overseas, knowingly or unknowingly?

Personally, I welcome this news. Another access to purchase firearms will help with the local prices. The sellers here are usually pawn shops or gun ranges. I walked into a local pawnshop to browse firearms and saw an old Browning .22 handgun, probably pre-WWI, ON SALE for $300+. I bought my SKB 585 shotgun at the few dedicated gun store for $1200+. Prices here are about a 1/3 more than elsewhere (not including a 9% tax).