HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Antelope hunting in Wyoming
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 06:41 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

As I stated, Unit 7 will probably even have some leftover tags and it is the best if you want to be anywhere near a town to stay, eat, get gas, etc. The town is Newcastle. Unit 27 probably won't have any tags left and even if it does it is a long way from a town and the roads are not great for making time. I would even think about buying an extra doe tag or two in July when they go on sale because you are lucky to get 40# of boned out meat off of one. Please email me if you get the unit 7 tags and I'll make you a map off my CD-ROM with all the land that's open and even put a bunch of waypoints on it so you can use your GPS when you get out there to know exactly where you are. The main thing is to go after the first few days of the season because everybody and his brother are out in all the units the first 4 or 5 days. Go after that and walk off the roads using the land to slip around and glass. You'll get some animals and have a lot of fun doing it if you get out of your vehicle and use your feet. my email addy is [email protected] & the name is Mike Stephenson

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-30-2011 at 08:17 AM.