HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hoosier Gobbler DRT !
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 07:11 PM
dog killer
Fork Horn

Default Hoosier Gobbler DRT !

season started wednsday and i took 3 days off work.had a plan to set up at my father inlaws place where i had been seeing birds every day in the field.what i didn't know was my bro inlaw was also gonna be there.not really a problem since there is over 200 acres to hunt.guess where he set up ? between the roosted birds and me !!! i was 300 yds down the field from roost when he shot twice....and missed. went running/gunning the rest of the day and all i could find were jakes. thursday morning went back to same spot.....bro inlaw missed again i repeated day one and came home wore out. today i went to another spot where i had seen all jakes.stopped on the road and crow called and got a gobble back at my buddys cabin.drove on down the road and parked at his gate,jumped out and heard 3 gobblers sound off !
hoofed it closer and got really close to to gobblers on the roost together.one must have spotted me cause he clammed up,but the other kept hammering! i could hear a hen yelping behind him in the woods and prayed he would pitch out into the clearing between me and him [just so happens it was an old tiny CEMETARY !] It was a good place to die !!! he gobbled a few more times and pitch out 15 yrds in front of me,popped his head up high ,took two steps and ran into a face full of custom NITRO[not remington] 4x5x7 hevishot ! these loads are good for 60+ yards and i just about missed him he was so close ! BBD !

Species-Eastern
Remington 12 ga.11-87SP Camo,custom 3 inch NITRO 4x5x7 hevishot,Primos Jellyhead .660 choke