HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Southeran California Hunting
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 11:51 AM
SFSmedic
Spike

Originally Posted by Widgeonator
deer hunting and coyote hunting, check out jamul and julian. turkeys in julian if you know whats public land. camel was right. salton sea and wister great for ducks/geese. hunt off lack rd near the south/east bottom corner of the salton sea for great dove and pheasant in the alphalpha fields. im a resident in socal (san diego) and have plenty of hunting opportunity. also check out cleveland national forest for deer/coyote/bobcat/turkeys/dove/quail. just make sure to get a map and see whats private land and indian reservation
Where do you get such maps, so you can ensure you are hunting on public land where it is allowed?

Originally Posted by razorshooter
Looking to start my 12 year old son out on Hunting he passed the safety course with flyin colors and we need to get out and walk the fields/Forest/Deserts. Any ideas on were in SoCal I could take my boy for some small Mammel and/or Bird hunting? I am in Orange County.

Any help with Public lands would be nice and I do not mind joinin a local hunting club if there is one.

thanks
OP there are also some great places like Fort Hunter Ligget which are very inexpensive and only a few hours away. I am currently in the same boat as you, new hunter in the OC Sorta (one offramp out of OC, lol) and trying to find my way hunting.