HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your day in the woods
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 10:50 AM
7.62NATO
Nontypical Buck

I don' t have a tree stand and hunt from the ground, and I usually hunt all day. I usually have to get up around 3:30-4am to get to my spot before twilight. I don’t know a whole lot of people who can get up at that time and sit in the woods from sun up to sun down without getting the sleepies. If I get an overwhelming sense of sleepiness that I can’t fight, I will get up and begin to still hunt. If the conditions aren’t right for still hunting or I’m in a spot I surely don’t want to leave, I will go ahead and lay down on the ground and take a little nap. It beats sitting against a tree with your head bobbing for hours as you attempt to fight it, and it SURELY beats getting up and leaving the woods for “lunch”, ensuing the deer know you are there. The nap usually lasts about 20 minutes and then I’m good to go…though I’ve had a couple naps last for an hour and once for 3 hours! But that time I was getting sick and didn’t realize it yet. I was shocked when I awoke and figured out how much time had passed!