HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 Spurr'n Longbeards
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 07:03 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by IBHUN10
thanks!! SouthernStrut and EFH, I forgot to add that I shot him at 7:45 a.m. and the hunt lasted about 45min. from the time I had "set-up" to the time the Winchester Supreme #5's let out a "BOOOM" from the Mossberg. When I cleaned him out it appears that he had been shot before cause we found a bb of lead shot in him like the size of buckshot. When I seen him walking in I had thought he seemed to have a limp of some sort. Now! this is when the starts my bro-in-law, j76 who's on Team 10, has to find a way as why I got the turkey...He's tellin me that I shot a crippled up turkey and its no wonder that I got him cause anybody can sneak up on a crippled animal I shoot it!!. Oh well its all fun and games... I think he just can't take the "heat" that I shot a better turkey than he did!!!
Speaking of "The Heat".....looks like somebody is pourin it on in this contest!!!! Anybody check the standings lately??? And i know a crippled animal may be more alert, but i did get to see this kill first hand, didn't want to hurt IBHUN10's feelings or anything but on close inspection pretty sure it not only had a limp but was deaf and blind in one eye!! I think he just ran out in front of that mossberg on a suicide run!

All aside, am very glad he got it done, congrats! Plus it leaves the door open for team 10 to hit his and my honey hole next weekend and open the gap up a bit more!!

P.S. That little guy in your pic looks like a future turkey slayer to me!!! Must get it from his dad!!!!

Last edited by j76; 04-23-2011 at 07:11 AM.