HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 Spurr'n Longbeards
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:38 AM
IBHUN10
Fork Horn

Well guys I connected with one this morning!! Not the biggest bird I have ever shot but a turkey for the team!!! Started out this morning getting up a little late after shutting off the alarm it was like 6:20a.m. when I woke up and was "darn it" I got to get a move on it. So I rush and get ready head out to the truck and I'm on my way.

I thought I would check out a spot that I hunted last night after seeing a real nice one on the neighbors field but that didn't pan out. So I stop by there this morning give a few calls nothing so I figure I'm going to the area I have been hunting regularly and there he is out strutting in the field. I thought should be able to call him in if he's by himself but then I see the hen he's with and they were going over the hill in the field. So I drive to the other side of field get out and stay on back side of the hill to the turkeys, while walking across the field keeping my eyes peel'd watching for the birds I sneak to the woodline and set up. After about 20 min he answered with a "gobble" then the hen started. A little later I called softly and I heard the hen again and "wham" here they come behind me. I think the tom had seen me move and let out a couple pucks and started to walk the other way, I'm like "no" so I hurry call again softly and had the hens attention she walked over to the decoy and here he come following her when she got close she started pucking and must have seen me raising the gun and started to leave so I hurry and get the gun up he was 40 yrds out and let him have it. Anyways one for the team!! Eastern-17.5lbs., 7in. beard and both spurs were 3/4in.

Here's the monster & my nephew with me

Your score is 17.3125 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 14 = 46.3125

Last edited by Arrowmaster; 04-23-2011 at 10:48 AM.