HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats a good rifle for starters?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 03:40 AM
skybuster20ga
Nontypical Buck

my point is, you can hunt hard and still keep your rifles in good shape. ive only had that mod. 7 for 4 or 5 years, when they put the cdl in production in 350 mag. up here in maine is about the toughest hunting you can find in the us from the kind of country you hunt in to actually being able to find a deer ( 1/2 a deer per sq. mile in alot of places) and being self employyed i take most all of november off and some of dec. if i need to dig out the smokepole. i think that classifies as "hunting hard" especially since its all done on foot tracking and still hunting and my rifles arent beat up. nor are my fathers. a small dent here or a press there but thats probably from ridin in the truck more so then hunting w/ it in the field. unless a man falls down or trips over a log then i dont see a reason it would get beat up to much. if a man does trip then hes going to fast to begin w/. either way, happy hunitng.

i have a few 7600's myself and a couple 7400's and 742' all in '06 accept for one .35 whelen carbine 7600 w/ a peep. excellent deer killer. hard to beat a pump up here