HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Took my Bushmaster to the range yesterday.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:26 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Fritz1 and Ridge Runner, great shooting both of you, far better than I could pull off.

That being said, I'm not going to comment that all bone stock AR's can shoot the groups you both have posted but I will say I've seen many, many targets with those types of groups out of bone stock varmint AR's.

Also, it is a fact that with the exception of a few companies all the AR's are parts guns. I was just at the Rock River Arms plant in Colona, IL. last week picking up a barrel (mid length lightweight) and the parts manager and I got on this very subject.

He confirmed that indeed they purchase most of their parts from the same few manufacturers that 90% of the other AR big name companies do as well. They put their own "fine touches" to them but they are all basically the same. I know Rock River uses a completely different fire control group than say DPMS or Colt but they are pretty much the same stuff.....all mismatched parts guns.

Last edited by BigJ71; 04-12-2011 at 07:48 PM.