HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Mottz
Nontypical Buck

Went out this A.M. and got setup and within 10 minutes there was gobbling in the trees not even 100 yards away. I thought I was in the money. Heard them all pitch down and I started calling. They'd answer every call I threw at them but I could not get them to come out of the draw. They even started spreading out from what I could hear but still stayed in the bottom. Had 1 deer come into my decoys and started stomping and snorting so I had to stick my head out of the blind to get it to leave. Then another deer came in and did the same thing. Gobbling stopped after that so I had to figure a plan B.

Decided to do a stalk with the bow down into the bottoms. Did a little calling and the gobbling started again. Seen a BIG bird fanned out. The beard was dragging on the ground. Got to within 50 yards of him. Just like that I see 20 deer take of running. Look back and the boy was gone. Decided to give it up and go hang some cameras. Next week I'm gonna have the gun in hand and ready for some redemption!