HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .40 S&W or the .45 ACP
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hurricanespg
You obviously dont have a lot of experience, and have not thought through quite a few situations that may occur in your domicile.

For your safety I do hope you will think about how you would go about defending yourself and loved ones against multiple assailants, assailants that are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, etc, etc.

Lastly, I will ask you what world do you live in that only has non determined burglars intent on breaking into houses, with its occupants present, that do not have intentions of bodily harm or worse?
If you really want to test out how well I've thought through my home defense strategy or test out my experience, then by all means, come on by my house uninvited some night... Heck, come on by whether I'm home or not, my fiancee will be happy to ventilate you with 17 9mm JHP's, even if I'm not there.

Long guns have been proven time and time again to be LESS effective for home defense than handguns. The speed and mobility of a handgun always trumps the increased firepower of shotguns and rifles. Dead is dead.