HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Rifles does it first.
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 12:43 PM
ronlaughlin
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Omega45
I have a Triumph. Zero issues with BH209 no modification to the breech plug...................................
I used to be able to write the same thing, but that changed not so very long ago. One morning, I experienced a hang fire that was so slight, it was nearly imperceptible. I almost didn't believe it, but it was there. Had someone been sitting alongside, they never would have noticed. Then it happened again a week or 2 later. This is when l left the Triumph uncleaned over night in the truck when the temperature fell to near zero. It was easy to remedy.

An ideal solution to me, was to make the chamber at the mouth some deeper, by using a 5/16" drill/countersink, and enlarge the flame channel with the #21 drill, and tap it to receive a ventliner. This required me to turn the rim of the ventliner down to 5/16", but i am very confident, i will never have a hangfire again.

The Omega plug has never ever never failed to ignite BH, even when it was fired in -17 weather and left uncleaned far too long.