HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .40 S&W or the .45 ACP
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Hurricanespg
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
What world do you live in that a burglar is so determined and self-defense conflicts last so long that you would NEED more shots than a pistol, OR have time to "get back to your shotgun or rifle"?

Pull a gun and take a shot on a home invader and they're taking off. This isn't the movies where storm troopers in full tactical gear invade your home with automatic weapons...

And personally, based on my experience, a handgun is FAR superior to both shotguns and rifles in self-defense/home invasion situations, especially in urban environments.
You obviously dont have a lot of experience, and have not thought through quite a few situations that may occur in your domicile.

For your safety I do hope you will think about how you would go about defending yourself and loved ones against multiple assailants, assailants that are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, etc, etc.

Lastly, I will ask you what world do you live in that only has non determined burglars intent on breaking into houses, with its occupants present, that do not have intentions of bodily harm or worse?