HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey slams
Thread: Turkey slams
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 04:54 PM
bullmoose38
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Larswildu
I am new to this site and noticed this post about Royal Slams. I am currently trying for a single season Royal Slam.

Since drawing a coveted Gould turkey tag in Arizona this past November I have been making plans.

I started in Texas the 19Th of March and bagged a Rio Grande (double). Then I headed for Florida on the 24Th where I hunted Saturday and Sunday for the Osceola around the Green Swamp with no luck. Headed for Georgia Sunday evening for my Eastern with tornado's all around. Got up Monday morning to the sound of thunder and rain hitting the roof, I didn't let that dampen my spirits and bagged the Eastern at about 10:30. Took a day to rest and headed back down to Green Swamp Tuesday night. Talked with three different gobblers at first light they hit the ground and quit talking turkey. I waited them out and one of the three decided he'd come see if he could find those hens talking early that morning he came in gobbling from about two hundred yards (the longest wait of my life) only to run into a load of number sixes. This completed my multiple season Grand Slam.

I start the Merriam's hunt in New Mexico on the 15Th for my single season Grand Slam and then the 22ND in Arizona for the single season Royal Slam
Thats awesome! Good luck!