HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 8 Longbeard Mafia
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 08:41 AM
ksfowler
Nontypical Buck

I was able to seal the deal on a nice tom this morning. I started off having two toms in front of me probably 150 yds. They were both gobbling like crazy but there were no hens with them so I called once and shut up. Well 5 min. later I look up and there they are about 55 yds away strutting. I called to them again they gobbled and strutted some more. they eventually left. A little bit later three toms a couple jakes and some hens come in. I could not get turned on them soon enough to have and easy 10 yd shot. I let them walk past me and they stopped and the toms strutted a bit. I drew back and put my second pin on the biggest tom and let the arrow fly. But I watched it go right under him. I am not sure what happened but i got over it. 30 min later some more come, again there is 3 toms some jakes and hens. But I was ready this time and when the toms walked by I nailed one of them. He took off running but only made it 10 ft and piled up. I was pretty excited since that was my first one with a bow. He had a 9.25" beard .875" spurs and about 20 lbs. nothing huge but I will take it! Pictures to come