HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington Genesis with Nikon Omega 3-9x40mm
Old 03-29-2011, 01:38 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default Remington Genesis with Nikon Omega 3-9x40mm

I had shot a LK-93 earlier and because it was such a beautiful day I wanted to shoot more. So I went and got out the Remington Genesis .50 caliber Stainless steel barrel muzzleloader. The rifle has a Nikon Omega 3-9x40mm scope on it.

The snow had crusted real good and I could walk on the top of it for the most part. I had walked out to 40 yards for the LK-93 and decided I would walk the target back to 75 yards for the Genesis. The Genesis is sighted in for 75 yards.

I am not real sure of the make of this bullet. They were given to me and on the package the black magic marker was worn off and all I could really read was 25 - Q or OT. Could someone tell me who makes this bullet and the real name of it. I think it is a 250 grain OT but it is all copper outside with a metal looking nose.

Some Genesis owners have complained about the breech fouling out. This is after 12 rounds and as you can see.. there is not a lot of fouling in the breech of the rifle.

I was shooting 110 grains of Pyrodex RS and by accident 110 grains of Triple Seven 2f (as I forgot to take the other bottle to the side). And suddenly realized I was shooting either powder. I then cut the charge down to 100 grains of Pyrodex RS and the rifle really started to group.
That four shot cluster to the right of the center bull is with 100 grains of powder. The other mix was with Pyrodex and Triple Seven.

The upper holes were done with 110 grains of Triple Seven 2f and 200 grain Shockwaves. The two lower hits were on a clean barrel and then a fouled barrel. The three shot group was done by careful swabbing of the rifle. This rifle for some reason shot the 200 grain a lot higher then the 250 grain.

Over all the Genesis did not let me down. I got to play with a great new bullet. And it was nice to be outside on such a warm day.