HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What to offer for Mod 70
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 12:56 PM
stapher1
Fork Horn

[quote=statjunk;3792051]I'm a huge M70 fan, but I think the pre-64 market is way out of whack. I honestly don't even want one. They are exceptional guns especially for their time but with todays machining I don't think the prices are within reason.[quote/]
I really agree, and aside from the claw extractor it's bears a strong resemblance to the 721 & 722. I think anyways. I already have a post 64 and it's really nice but the prices of the pre 64 is hard to swallow considering the obvious change.

[quote]
I'd offer close to $500. That is what the action alone would be worth in pristine condition.[quote/]
That's the number thats been rolling around in my head but it nice to get more opinions

[quote]
One last thing, you'd be surprised what it takes to make a pre-64 a collectors item. Any modification even the slightest and your rifle goes from high dollar to junk status. Things like sights, sight hoods, stocks, bedding etc...[quote/]

I was told the gun has everything on it, and a little bonus it still has the weaver scope from when it was originally bought