HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 2 - Tominators
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Goose 11
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by springspur
Goose
Awesome bird, let's hear about the hunt, setup, range, all about it. I've still got 2 weeks till the season starts here so guess just enjoy your story.
Dan
It was a funny morning, I set up in a food plot where I had lots of pictures of a good Tom. My brother went to another area and set up. By 7:30 I had heard nothing, and he had a Bird gobbling his head off at about 80 yards. He texted me to come to him, and I started that way, on foot so it took me a while to get to where he was, before I got there I was just clucking and giving a few light yelps every so often. When I was almost to him, I struck one gobble out of a Tom, and he was close to me. So I sat down, no decoys, very little brush and called a little more on the road. I heard a shot from the area where my brother was but it was a guy in our club who had slipped in behind that gobbler and killed him before my brother could get a shot. So he (my brother) comes to me and we think we might get this other bird, well he pops out while were standing there in the road talking about our plan!!! We drop to the ground and the way we were I had his gun closer to me than my gun, he pushes it to me and I slowly get it up and as the Tom approached I blasted his head. So kinda an ambush although I had been calling to him. He just went silent and came to us unexpectedly. Side note, that was the first hunt for my brother with his new gun, and I used it to kill that bird! Now I got to get him one.