HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sitka gear
Thread: Sitka gear
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 12:14 PM
saftflo1
Spike

Default Bad Experince with Sitka Gear

I purchased a Traverse Zip T, Ascent Pant, 90% Pant, Kelvin Jacket, and Kelvin Pant direct from Sitka's web site in November for a planned coyote hunt in Northern Arizona. The first morning of the hunt the temperature was 9 degrees, so I was wearing my Kelvin jacket and pants. While at the first stand i discovered a hole in the Kelvin jacket below the pocket. Upon inspection, I noticed the stitching had come loose creating a hole in the jacket. Upon closer inspection I found more loose stitching, but no other holes. Called Sitka and they gave me authorization to send it back. That was February 15th. I waited two weeks to hear from them, nothing. So I called them to find out the status of my jacket. They (Andew) told me the jacket was sent out for repair. Now, two weeks later, no response from Sitka and no jacket. I don't know why they just didn't replace the jacket instead of waiting all this time to repair it. I paid top dollar expecting a quality product. I do have issues with the quality of thier products and thier customer service as well. Will see what happens wilth the other gear I purchased from them. Only time will tell. Based upon my experience. I would not recommend Sitka
Gear products. Poor quality and horrible customer service. Gary